CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Shimmery Butterflies

Yesterday I shared a Valentine card with you which I used Wisteria Wonder card stock to make.  Now as promised I want to share another Wisteria Wonder card with you.  This one is a birthday card and had those beautiful butterflies on it.  Here in Arizona, we do get to see these beautiful creatures every now and then.  I just love all the colors of them.  No 2 ever look exactly the same.  So of course I did not want mine to look the same.  I did use the same colors.  So let's get started shall we. 

  
The base is the Wisteria Wonder card stock.  For the layer on top,  I used a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I ran it through the big shot using the Elegant Bouquet impression folder.  I did want to add just a hint of color to the flowers.  Using my Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Up! marker, I colored the center of the flowers.  The greeting is from the stamp set Perfectly Penned and is stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink.  Now to the butterflies.


These two little guys are what makes this card so special.  I am sure you can see the sparkle on them.  Let me show you the larger one.


Believe it or not I used the Silver Shimmer paper to make these.  I started by running a piece of Silver Shimmer paper through my big shot using the beautiful butterflies bigz die.  This cut out both of my butterflies at the same time.  Now I could have attached them and left them silver, but I really wanted some color on them.  It is hard to see the Marina Mist color, but hopefully you can see the Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade.  You may be asking how did I do this?  How did I get the color onto the butterflies?  Well it is so easy I just know you will want to try it yourself.  I used the ink pads of the colors I wanted and sponges - 1 sponge for each color.  I added color to the sponges by rubbing them on the ink pads.  Then you simply rub them on the paper and voila', instant color appears.  I have seen others add color using aqua painters and ink refills but this way did the job just fine.  To get the color to appear darker, you just need to keep adding more color to the paper.

Now everyone knows how I love glitter and shimmer so you can imagine how excited I was to learn this trick.  Expect to see it show up again sometime.  

Here we are at Friday, the end to another week.  I hope all of you have a wonderful and restful weekend.  I will return Monday with another share for you.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today.  See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment