CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another Valentine, A Different Style

Yesterday, I shared with you a Valentine card I made using Melon Mambo.  Now I am a pink lover so anything pink always grabs my attention.  However that does not mean I dislike other colors.  So today I wanted to share another card with you using the same stamp from yesterday but this time I turned to the purple family.


I was inspired to make this card by another demonstrator.  No I don't remember her name but if she is looking I hope she will let me know.  Anyway, my base card for this one is Wisteria Wonder.  Don't you just love that name?  For the first layer I chose to use Whisper White.  I ran it through the big shot using the Stripes impression folder.   By now I am sure you have noticed that this is a card of many textures.  I think that is what gives it personality.  So as we view the card, I will be sure to tell you which impression folders I used.  Back to the card.  Once the white layer was attached, I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder at 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".  Before attaching it to the white, I wanted to add the squares.  I used 6 different impression folders to achieve the looks on the squares:  Finial Press, Vintage Wallpaper, Perfect Polka Dots, Elegant Lines, Houndstooth, and Elegant Bouquet.  I used scraps of Whisper White and embossed them using these folders.  I then punched out squares using my 1 1/4" square punch.  I tried to leave a 1/4" border around each one.  Let's look at the greeting.


I started my greeting by stamping it on a piece of Whisper White using StazOn ink.  This stamp is out of the Sale-a-bration catalog set called Outlined Occasions.  I then ran it through the big shot using the oval frame from the Designer Frames impression folder set.  Once it was embossed, I cut around it.  I then used Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant SU! markers to color in the greeting.  Using my 2-way glue pen, I added dazzling diamond glitter to the outer edge of this.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.  The embossed squares under it are the polka dots and elegant lines.  I chose to put these here because, the other ones seemed to achieve the overall look I was going for and were easy to add gems to.  So let's look at the top 2 squares and then the bottom 2.

Here you can see the top 2 squares.  The folders used on these are the Finial Press and Vintage Wallpaper.  I added gems to the center of both of these.  Also, when I punched the square out, I tried to be sure to center the design.  

The bottom 2 squares utilized the Houndstooth and Elegant Bouquet impression folders.  It was easy to decide where to put the gems on the bouquet but the houndstooth proved a little more challenging.  I finally decided to just add a row of gems across the square.  I actually like how it looks.  
As a card maker I am sure you know that you can create 2 cards from 1 sheet of card stock.  So tomorrow, I am going to stick with the Wisteria Wonder color for the base card.  However, the design and theme will be different.  Hopefully you will return to have a look at my card.  I do appreciate you coming by today.  See you tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Great weblog here! Additionally your web site loads up fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link to your host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    Farm Innovators HR-75 Decorative Heated Birdbath De-icer Heated Rock, 75-Watt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set up my bloc through google. I have an account with them. I I started by setting up a gmail account and then decided to do my blog through them too. I hope this helps. If I think of any other info that might help you I will post it here. Thanks for viewing my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write-up, I am normal visitor of one's site, maintain up the nice operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete