CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 13, 2012

He's Out Of This World!!

Thank goodness it is finally Friday.  Okay it is Friday the 13th but I personally don't buy into the theory that it is a bad day.  As far as I am concerned, it is the end of another week.  It has been a really long week.  My husband has been gone a lot and extremely busy.  I do miss him when he is not here.  I am so proud of all the work he does.  He is truly a remarkable human being and I am blessed to have him in my life.

Now on to a fellow who is not a human.  He is rather cute though!!  Again he is part of the Looney Toons family and if you watch the cartoons you probably already know who I am talking about.  Let me introduce him to you.  Ladies and gentlemen, meet .........


......It's Marvin the Martian!!!!!  I just love this guy.  He makes me laugh every time I see him.  So let's get started on this card.  I used a Whisper White card stock for the base of my card.  I then added a layer of Basic Black to it.  I chose to use Marina Mist for the top layer.  Prior to attaching it, I punched out circles in Whisper White, Basic Black and Basic Gray.  I used the 1", 3/4", and 1/2" circle punches to do this.  I then laid the circles in a random pattern on the Marina Mist paper until I was happy with how it looked.  Then I adhered them down using runner adhesive.  Next it was time to texture the card stock.  I chose to use an impression folder from Cuttlebug called Spots & Dots.  I liked the look of all the circles behind Marvin.


He has the sweetest little face don't you think?  Once again, I learned this punch art character from Ellen Kemper, and again I would suggest you visit her blog for instructions on how to create him and the correct punches to use.  This was the second one I made and he looks really good in my opinion.  

Do you like his shoes?  I love them!!  They are just too cute for words.  I just wanted to show you a close up of them.  
As you head off into the weekend, I wish you one filled with happiness.  Since Monday is a holiday, I too am going to take the day off from blogging.  With a little luck, maybe I will get some much needed time with my husband.  I have missed him so.  I will be back on Tuesday with a new card to share.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment