CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Think Spring

It's fantastic Friday as well as the first day of February.  Welcome to you all.  I am happy to report that I am finally back in my craft room regularly.  It is so nice to sit and craft and relax.  Here in Phoenix, AZ we are experiencing the temperature slowly rising up.  We have had a few days that felt truly like winter, and when it rained for 3 days in a row it was really like winter.  Well now we are heading back into the 70's.  Soon it will be the 80's and past that I don't even want to think about. 

So to put me in a springtime mood, I wanted to do a card that felt light with muted colors.  I used several new items from the spring catalog on this one so I hope you like it.  Here we go.


I started with a base card of So Saffron cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Whisper White that measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the final layer, I cut a piece of Old Olive card stock at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot using the new Vine Street impression folder.  Now this folder is available through the Sale-a-bration promotion going on currently.  For every $50 you spend on products from the regular or spring catalog you get to select one product from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  I love the look of this folder.  All layers were attached to the bottom base card using runner adhesive.  I added gem stones to the corners just to dress it up a little.


The next feature I added to the card was the adorable pinwheels.  Now I made a pinwheel card a few years ago.  I cut a piece of designer paper into a square, cut from the corners towards the center and punched little holes in the folded in pieces to attach them.  Well the spring catalog gives us a product that will do everything for you so all you do is fold in the pieces and attached them together with a brad.  It is a Sizzix Sizzlit die called Pinwheel.  This is used with your handy Big Shot machine.  I was so excited to get this one so that I could make more and more pinwheels.  Let me show you the other one.


This one is made using the same die.  I used a retired designer series paper set I had to make these.  The pole for the one above is So Saffron while this one is Baja Breeze.  I used an antique looking brad in the center of each to hold the pinwheel together.  The poles were attached using a glue dot.  I then attached these to the card with a 2 way glue pen on the pole and another glue dot up at the pinwheel.


When I think of spring, I think of butterflies.  It just makes sense to me.  So I had to put a couple on this card.  I used Whisper White card stock to make these.  The large one is punched out using the Elegant Butterfly punch and the smaller one is punched out using the new Bitty Butterfly punch in the spring catalog.  Once they were punched out, I ran them through the big shot using the impression folder Flower Garden.  I attached them to the card using liquid glue.  This is just put along the center of the butterfly body to attach it to the card.  I then added rhinestones to the center of each butterfly forming the body on top.


Last but certainly not least is the greeting.  I chose to make this one a thank you card so I used the "Thanks" stamp from the stamp set Perfect Punches.  I inked the stamp first with VersaMark ink and then with So Saffron.  I stamped this onto Whisper White and added clear embossing powder to it.  Once it was heat embossed, I punched it out using the scallop oval punch.  I attached it to the card using dimensionals.

Well that's all I have for today.  I will be back on Monday with something new to share so please stop by then.  Have a wonderful and safe weekend and thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment