CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Rainbow of Wishes

Hi everybody and Happy Valentine's Day.  I am afraid I am not very excited about this day right now.  My hubby is on duty and will not be home til Saturday sometime so I will be spending it by myself.  To top it off, it has just been a not so good past few days.  My oldest daughter, Heather, thought she had the flu.  By Tuesday afternoon, she was so ill I took her into an urgent care.  It is a good thing I did.  She actually has a kidney infection and by the time she went to be seen it was pretty severe.  They ended up giving her a couple of shots of antibiotics and an IV of fluids before sending her home.  She will have to go back for another blood test to make sure the medicine is working.  Hopefully she is now on the path to recovery.  To top it off, my hubby did not feel well this week either.  However in typical man fashion, he can't tell me exactly what is wrong.  This whole mom thing never ends whether it is your kids or husband. 

You would think that I would have a love themed card for you today since it is Valentine' Day but I don't.  I guess I am just not in the mood.  So I went the other theme I chose at the beginning of the week - St. Patrick's Day.  Let me show you my card and we will get started.


I started with a base card of Wild Wasabi cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" to this using runner adhesive.   For the final layer, I went with Daffodil Delight.  I cut a piece of it to be 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using the argyle impression folder from Stampin' Up!.  I attached this to the base with the runner adhesive also.  


As a backdrop for my leprechaun, I wanted to do a rainbow.  I wasn't sure how I wanted to do this but I went with circles.  I punched out several circles using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  I used Real Red, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant, Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point card stock for my colors.  I attached these to my card using my 2 way glue pen and added a drop of matching glitter glue to each one.  Then it was time to make my leprechaun.

Here is a list of punches used to make the top part of my leprechaun:

Top of Hat - 1 1/4" circle punch from Wild Wasabi card stock and Basic Black.  The black is trimmed to make the band.

Hat Brim - word window from Wild Wasabi

Hair - scallop circle punch from Cajun Craze

Head - 1 1/4" circle from the retired Blushing Bride

Eyes - medium circle from the owl builder from Pacific Point and 1/4" circle from Basic Black

Nose - circle from the itty bitty punch pack out of retired Blushing Bride

Mustache - small petal from the blossom builder out of Cajun Craze

Neck - word window out of retired Blushing Bride

The buckle of the hat brim is made from scrap pieces of Daffodil Delight an Basic Black cut out free handed. 


Body - 1 3/8" circle from Wild Wasabi

Sleeves - word windows from Wild Wasabi; these are cut in half at an angle and postitioned to get the look I wanted.

Pants - retired small ovals from Wild Wasabi trimmed flat on the bottom

Legs - word windows from Basic Black

Shoes - wide heart from the retired heart to heart out of Basic Black

Hands - scallop flower from the boho blossom punch out of retired Blushing Bride

Bow tie - smallest heart from the retired heart to heart punch and a 1/4" circle out of Daffodil Delight

Buttons - 1/4" circles from Basic Black

All pieces are attached together using a 2 way glue pen.  I then added a glitter that I happen to have called Pesto to make the stripes and fill in the hat brim.  I also added yellow glitter to the bow tie and black glitter to the buttons.  A little white gel pen finished the eyes and nose and a black marker made the mouth.  Once he was completed, I attached him to the card using dimensionals.

Well that's all I have for today.  I have to get ready to take my daughter for her follow up appointment so I better get going.  Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow to see what I come up with for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment