CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Card Shapes

Hi everyone and welcome to Friday, the final day of yet another week.  I am happy to say that when I took our daughter back to the doctor to have another blood test, the results showed she was improving and on her way to feeling better.  I was truly worried for a while.  As a parent you never want to see your child ill but Heather has always been my child that never keeps it simple.  It is always extreme.  Unfortunately, my husband has been home sick too.  His seems to be sinuses.  Of course being a man, he is refusing to go to the doctor.  I am keeping a close eye on him though and will take him if necessary.

Now to today's share.  My craft room was invaded yesterday by my youngest daughter Kaitlyn.  She needed to make a Valentine's card for her boyfriend and wanted it to be in a heart shape.  She was really struggling trying to cut a heart she was happy with and soon she asked me for help.  I knew just what to do to make a heart shape card and thought I would share this technique with you.

To do this, you will need a piece of card stock, the set of heart framelits and your big shot.  A scor-pal would be helpful too but not necessary.  Let's get started shall we.


I started with a piece of Island Indigo card stock and scored it down the center at 5 1/2".


Next, using my bone folder I folded the card stock in half along the crease line.


Place the folded side of the card stock on a cutting plate on the platform for your big shot.  Take out the largest heart from the framelits set.  It just happens to be scalloped which makes for beautiful edges.  Lay the framelit on top of the card stock being sure to have a small piece of it off the edge so the card will stay intact.  Run it through the big shot and when you take it out and remove the framelit...........


This is what your card will look like.  Notice the flat pieces at the top of the heart.  This is where the framelit was off the edges and the card stays as a card instead of two separate hearts.


Here is a close up of the inside area of the card where I left the card stock intact.  Now I just have to decorate it.  To see the decorated card you will have to come back on Monday!!

Well that's it for today.  Try this out for yourself.  It is always fun to have cards in different shapes.  I am going to hope that all of you have a wonderful, healthy weekend and that my family gets well.  I shall return on Monday with my decorated card for you to see.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment