CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Lucky Clovers

Hi everyone.  We have made it to another Monday.  I do hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I thought I would catch you up on mine just a little.  As you know I did not blog last week on Thursday because I was spending the day with my aunt.  Sadly, she woke up that morning with a horrible sore throat and had to cancel.  I hope we get to reschedule soon because I was so looking forward to it.  Instead, I got to spend the day grocery shopping and running errands.  Luckily my hubby was off so we went to lunch together too. 

Friday was so much fun.  I spent part of the day with my little nephew Jackson.  He is 5 months old and too cute for words.  I loved playing with him and seeing him smile.  He has a wonderful laugh to listen to and I was happy my silly little dog was able to make him laugh.  Of course our doggy needed a long nap once he was gone.  Working that hard made her soooooo tired!!!  I so enjoyed every minute with him.  It reminded me of just how fast the time goes and it is nice to enjoy a baby again. 

Now let's get on with the card since I am sure I have bored you to tears by now.  I decided to do a couple of St. Patrick's Day cards to share with you.  Both my husband and I have Irish ancestry in our family.  While we do not go all out for the day, we do enjoy the spirit of it.  This first card is reminiscent of one I made last year but I like the style so much that I had to make one for this year too.  Ready?  Let's go!


I started with a base card of Gumball Green measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Whisper White.  It is attached to the base with runner adhesive.  The final layer on top is a 4" x 5 1/4" Daffodil Delight.  I ran this piece through my big shot using an impression folder who's name escapes me right now but is not a Stampin' Up! folder.  Once embossed, I attached it with the same runner adhesive.  Then it was time for the shamrock.


I used Whisper White and Gumball Green card stock to make my 4 leaf clover.  I wanted it to be a lucky clover so it had to have 4 leaves.  I started by cutting out 4 white scallop hearts using my scallop heart embosslit and big shot.  Then I punched out 4 Gumball hearts with the full heart punch.  I carefully placed these inside the scallop heart embosslit being sure it did not reach the edges.  I attached these to the white hearts using runner adhesive.  The stem of the shamrock is just a scrap of Gumball Green that I cut free hand.  I glued the stem to the card with liquid glue.  I then placed and attached the petals to the card using dimensionals.  The center of the shamrock is made with circle punches.  I punched a white 1 1/4" circle and added dazzling diamond glitter to the edge of it using my 2 way glue pen.  Next I added a 1" circle of green with runner adhesive to that.  The final layer is a 3/4" circle in white.  I stamped this little shamrock I had and heat embossed it using Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  It is attached to the green with runner adhesive.  The finished center piece was attached to the card using a dimensional.  


My greeting comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it onto white using Gumball Green ink and punched it out with the modern label punch.  I brushed the edges with Daffodil Delight and layered it onto a Gumball Green modern label.  The finished piece was attached to the card using dimensionals.

The final touch to this card is the rhinestones.  I added these after I had the shamrock and greeting secured down.  I just felt the background need a little pizzazz!!  

Well that is all I have for you today.  I hope you come by tomorrow and see what I have for you.  Thanks for dropping by today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment