CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How About A Hula Lesson?

Hi everyone.  It's Tuesday and I think my family is finally healing.  I was able to find time to spend in my craft room to create a card yesterday.  Now that all the ill people are on antibiotics and resting, I can breathe a little.  Now my hubby is still needy and I do have to take care of him by cooking and getting medicine and fluffing pillows but all in all it is getting easier each day. 

The other night I was watching a show on HGTV called Hawaii Life.  I love to watch these and see homes in other places.  Of course, I would love to visit Hawaii but after seeing the prices I am not so sure I want to live there.  Anyway, I started thinking about a card I made a year or so ago that had a bear in a hula skirt on it.  It was one that I really had a good time making because of the humor it had.  Well, as I was remembering him, I started thinking why not make another card with a hula dancer but this time use Ellen Kemper's little miss backside as inspiration.  Now you remember her from last week as the shop-a-holic.  She gets the name of little miss backside because the image is always from the back.  Since I had this inspiration hit me, I decided to run with it.  Here is the card I came up with:


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Bashful Blue measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using the cloudy day impression folder.  I used a white colored pencil and colored in all the clouds just to give them a bit of distinction.  I attached this to the base using runner adhesive.  I then used a scrap of Island Indigo for a bit of ocean water.  I trimmed it using a pair of decorative scissors called small wave and attached it to the blue with runner adhesive.  Using another scrap of Crumb Cake, I tore off 2 strips of it and attached them together with runner adhesive.  I then used a background stamp I have and my Crumb Cake ink and stamped little dots onto the sand.  It is attached to the card with runner adhesive.  The final touch was to add a little dazzling diamond glitter to the sand and water with my 2 way glue pen.


Since my little girl will be hula dancing on the beach, I wanted it to be a nice sunny day for her.  I punched out the largest flower from my boho blossom punch using Daffodil Delight card stock.  I then added a yellow glitter I happen to have using my 2 way glue pen to make it sparkle.  It is attached to the card using a dimensional.  


I thought the word "Aloha" would be a perfect greeting for this card.  I decided to use my alphabet stamp set and stamp the letters directly onto my beach.  I used Soft Suede ink to do this so it would stand out a bit.  


Finally we come to our hula dancer herself.  I used Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Garden Green and the retired Blushing Bride as my card stock colors.  Although it might be difficult to see, there is a strip of Daffodil Delight across her back to be the strap of her top.  The hair just covers it up a bit.  Here is a list of punches I used to make her:

Hair - retired key tag punch
Body - retired butterfly punch
Arms and Legs - word window punch; I trimmed the arms a little to make them thinner
Hands - scallop flower from the boho blossom punch
Skirt - large petal from the blossom builder punch; I attached a scrap of green across the waist to hide all the petal ends
Feet - punch from the little labels punch pack trimmed
Flowers - plus looking flower from the itty bitty punch pack

All pieces were attached together using liquid glue and the finished girl was attached to the card with dimensionals.  I added small pearls to the center of each flower to add a bit of class to them.  I also drew on the lines on the leaves of the skirt using my Garden Green Stampin' Up! marker. 

I thought she turned out pretty cute.  I have not decided what I am going to use her for but whoever receives her will love her. 

Thanks for stopping by to see me today.  I do hope you drop by tomorrow to see what I have for you then.  Have a wonderful rest of your day!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! The DETAIL! This is AMAZING! I found it on Pinterest. Thank you for the instructions as well. I've never been to Hawaii, but I think I need to go just so I can make this hula girl to put on a scrapbook page! HA!

    ReplyDelete