CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Snowflakes

Hi everybody and happy Monday to you.  Also welcome to December.  Can you believe Christmas is almost here?  I can't.  And yet I am so excited to have my beautiful Christmas tree up with its twinkling lights and all the ornaments.  I just love the decorations and celebrating Jesus' birthday!!

I thought I would share the card I made for my husband's charity to send out this Christmas.  Remember I had to change it from my original design because the coloring was taking way too long.  So without further ado, let's get started.


I started with a base card of Real Red card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added only one layer to this one.  I started with a piece of Garden Green card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".   I stamped the greeting " Season's Greetings" which is from the retired stamp set called Four the Holidays using VersaMark ink at the bottom of the piece.  I then used silver embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Once it had cooled, I ran it through my big shot using a snowflake impression folder.  I know it is hard to see the greeting in this photo but I promise it is there.  The piece was attached using runner adhesive.



The centerpiece of my card is this beautiful snowflake.  It is a Bigz die for the big shot called Snow Flurry.  It is available in the holiday mini catalog.  I cut snowflakes out of Whisper White and Real Red to make these.  They are simply layered one on top of the other to make this guy.  I added a circle punched with the itty bitty punch pack circle to the top of the small white snowflake and put a pearl in the center.  If I had more time to work on these I would have added either glitter or more pearls to the snowflake just to jazz it up some more.  But this will have to do for now.  

Well that's all for today.  I am getting ready to make gingerbread houses and must get set up.  I will try to have pictures of them for you tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by today and please come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment