CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dapper Dog Returns

Happy Thursday everyone!!  Did you know today is Santa Claus' birthday?  Well it is so Happy Birthday Santa!!!!  I do hope the elves give Santa some time out of the toy factory today. 

Today's card features an old friend of ours, Dapper Dog.  Remember him?  I have made him with a top hat and cane, as a grilling chef, and as a pirate.  He is an easy punch art animal to make and it is fun to dress him up.  So I bet you know who I made him as for Christmas!!  Here is the card for you to see.


Doesn't he make a nice Santa?  I started this card with a base of Cherry Cobbler cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Whisper White card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It is attached with runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I chose to use a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Always Artichoke.  I ran this piece through my big shot using the holly impression folder and then sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray.  Once it was dry, I attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  
 


I will run quickly through the dog since I have made him before and do not want to bore you.  I started by selecting my card stock colors to use.  They are:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black and Champaign Glimmer.  The punches I used to make him are as follows:

Hat - blossom builder punch
Ears - large oval punch
Head - 1 3/4" circle punch
Muzzle - full heart punch
Arms/Nose - retired heart to heart punch
Body - wide oval punch
Feet - 3/4" circle punch (flatten on bottom)
Fur Trim - scallop oval; I punched this along the edge of card stock and cut it to fit
Eyes - 1/2" circle and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack
Eyebrows - retired horizontal slot punch

The belt and strip down the center of his coat are scraps of card stock and the buckle was cut free hand.  I used the Early Espresso to add features to his muzzle and feet, and white gel pen for the eyes and hat.  Dazzling Diamond glitter was added to all fur.  All pieces are attached together using liquid glue.  I attached the head and body to the card using glue dots and added the muzzle with dimensionals.


I wanted to give him a sack so I made one on my own.  I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for this.  The body of the bag is a 1 3/4" circle trimmed to the shape I wanted.  The top of the bag is from the stocking builder punch and is attached to the bag using liquid glue.  I added a piece of elastic silver cord to the bag because Santa's bag has to stay closed while he travels.  I wrote by hand the greeting using a gold marker and added some pretty red rhinestones to the background to complete my look.

Once one more day of the week and we will reach another weekend.  I am so happy you chose to spend some time with me today.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I have.  Thanks for dropping by today!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment