CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A More Religious Christmas Card

Welcome to Wednesday!!!!!  I thought I would share another Christmas card with you today.  I received a request for a religious card from a friend.  She wanted me to design and make a total of 15 for her.  I was more than happy to do that.  So let me show you the card and we will get started.


I started with a base card of Always Artichoke card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through my big shot using the top note die.  I set the top note aside and kept the frame to attach to my card.  I stamped a star on it from the retired stamp set Holy Family using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Once embossed, I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.


Here is a close up of the embossed Crumb Cake card stock.  It adds a little design to the edges of the card but is not so overpowering that it detracts from the main image.  Let's move on to the main piece now.


 To begin the main piece of my card front, I took a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Very Vanilla card stock and ran it through my big shot using the top note die.  This time I kept the top note and set the frame aside for future use.  I trimmed the top note along the perforated line to make it a little smaller so it would fit into the top note hole cut from the Crumb Cake.  For the center piece of my card front, I used the image from the retired set Holy Family and stamped it onto the vanilla top note using VersaMark ink.  I also stamped the star onto this top note using the VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed the image using gold embossing powder.  This gold is called Gold Ice because it shines with glitter when embossed.  Love it!!!  I then took a gold brad and placed it into the center of the star and brushed the edges with Always Artichoke ink.  The image was attached to the card in the top note opening using dimensionals.

I was really happy with how this turned out.  You never know when you emboss an image how it will look until you do it.  I took a chance on this one and it paid off.  Now I just need to get the others finished!

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow to see what I can make to share.  See you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment