CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Is Your Tree Decorated?

Hi everyone and welcome to a brand new week!!  This is a really busy time of the year.  It seems there is so much to do and so little time.  It is always busy busy busy.  It is easy to get overwhelmed so be sure to prioritize your seasonal projects and enjoy the holiday.

As you all know, I have had my tree up and decorated since right after Thanksgiving.  I love to put it up because it brings back so many good memories for me.  I spend time reminiscing  about when my girls were little and even about when I was little.  The ornaments will bring thought of loved ones no longer here to the forefront.  I miss my mom and brother every day and think about them all the time.  Yet at this time of the year, it seems to be a loss that feels greater than I think I can bear.  I have wonderful memories from Christmas past that I spend time thinking about and even though it makes the missing them harder, it always brings a smile to my face.

Today's card is a tree that I made to share with you.  I have seen cards similar to this one from other demonstrators and wanted to give it a try.  For some reason, my tree seems wider that it should be but oh well, it has character.  So let me show you the photos and let's get started.


This card started with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  It is scored at6 4 1/4".  I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" layer of Garden Green with my runner adhesive.  I then took a piece of Whisper White and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using the Petals A Plenty impression folder.  I sponged the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and attached it to the green with the runner adhesive.


Let me now share with you how to make this little tree.  All you need is the small star punch and the small heart punch.  I punched the star out of Champagne Glimmer card stock so it would shine.  Next I punched out a stack of hearts from Garden Green card stock.  Attach the star to the top center of the card.  Next place a heart under it.  Now you will continue to make rows of hearts, increasing each row by one until your tree is finished (or you run out of room like me!)  I attached the star and the hearts using dimensionals.  I then added small rhinestones to some of the flower centers on the card.  I took larger red and regular rhinestones and added them to the hearts, alternating the color row by row.  


The trunk of my tree is a piece of Soft Suede card stock which is embossed using the woodgrain impression folder and my big shot.  I attached it to the card with a liquid glue.  Then I wanted to add a simple greeting.  I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the greeting onto Whisper White card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink.  It was then punched out with the word window punch.  I layered this onto a Cherry Cobbler modern label.  I attached the greeting to the card using dimensionals.  

Well we're off to another great start for the week.  I hope your Monday is a good one.  Please come back tomorrow to visit and to see what I have to share with you.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment