CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jackson's Baby Card

Happy Tuesday, Happy September and Happy Birthday to me!  Yes it's my birthday but we won't get into how old I am.  August seemed to fly by for me.  Now I have one month to get ready to decorate for Halloween!!  I am so excited.

Last week was not my niece's favorite week.  Baby Jackson was breech and she went in on Wednesday for a C-section only to be told he had flipped himself over and they were not going to do the C-section.  On Thursday, she went to the hospital to be induced.  By Friday afternoon, it was clear she was not going to dilate so they sent her home.  Finally on Saturday, she returned to the hospital in the afternoon and her labor was progressing.  Jackson made his grand entrance into the world on Sunday morning at 2:45 am.  He was a very healthy 8 pounds and 10 ounces.  And let me tell you, he is adorable!!  I got to go see him several times over the weekend and did deliver the card I had made for him.  Therefore, I can share that card with you now.


Ta Da!!!  I made a shaker card for him.  First though let's take care of the basics.  The base card for this one is Pool Party card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Island Indigo card stock cut to measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I wanted to use Whisper White card stock and dress it up.  I cut a piece to be 4" x 5 1/4".  Next I used my itty bitty punch pack circle, 1/2" circle and 3/4" circle punches to punch circles out of the Island Indigo and Pool Party card stocks.  I randomly scattered these on the front of the card and attached them with runner adhesive.  I then would layer a size smaller onto the first circle with runner adhesive.  Once they were attached, I ran it through my big shot using my medium polka dot impression folder.  Don't attach it to the card yet.   Now for the rattle.  




 I started my rattle by pulling out my retired stamp set called Something Sweet.  I stamped the rattles handle onto Whisper White card stock using Island Indigo ink.  I then cut it out and set it aside.  Next I took my 1 3/4" circle punch, lined it up in the center of the card making sure I went as far in as I wanted and punched a hole out of the white card layer.  I went from the top down to do this.  Once the hole was punched, I applied a small amount of adhesive around the hole on the back side using my 2 way glue pen.  I took one of the Sweet Treat Cups and inserted it into the hole from the back.

Before attaching it to the card, you have to fill it with whatever it is you want to use.  For mine, I used a foot, a star, and a circle punch and punched out the shapes from Pool Party, Whisper White and So Saffron.  I placed these inside the cut and peeled off the adhesive strip that is attached to the cup.  I applied runner adhesive to the rest of the white piece and carefully attached it to the base card.  Once it was securely attached, I took the rattle handle and attached it right up to the cup using glue dots.  I added a piece of 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon to the handle to complete the look.



For the greeting, I used a stamp from the set Curly Cute.  I stamped it on Whisper White card stock using Island Indigo ink.  I then cut it out free hand, layered it onto a piece of Pool Party card stock with runner adhesive and cut around it to add the back layer.  I attached the greeting to the card using dimensionals.  



Finally let's talk about the inside of the card.  I stamped the greeting using a stamp from the set A Word for You using Island Indigo ink on Whisper White.  I punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I brushed the edges with Pool Party ink and then created a border with the decorative label punch. 

Next I cut out the letters of Jackson's name using my big shot and the retired decorative strip Billboard.  I alternated the colors of Island Indigo and Pool Party for these.  I attached these using liquid glue onto Whisper White 1 1/4" squares.  I used my Cricut machine and the colored card stock and cut out 1 1/4" square frames to go around the letters.  I attached the frames with liquid glue and then attached the "blocks" using runner adhesive.  I then added Crystal Effects to the letters to make them glossy.  To finish them off, and the greeting, I added these cut little stickers I picked up at a local store.  They really match the Pool Party color well and look like water droplets.  

Since his nursery is decorated with owls, I had to add one to the inside.  I used the owl builder punch to make this cute little guy.  He is put together using liquid glue and attached to the inside of the card using runner adhesive.  

I will tell you that if you need to mail this type of card, you will want a padded envelope to do it in.  That way the cut does not get smashed in the mail.  Since I was going to be seeing my niece, I used a regular envelope.  It takes some maneuvering to get it inside but it will fit.  

Well, I am going to get ready to spend the day with my hubby just relaxing and then have my girls over for a while.  At this point in my life, all I really want for my birthday is to see my family.  So I guess I am getting the best present of all today.

I will return tomorrow with another card to share with you.  I wish you all a wonderful day.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment