CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Fancy Thank You

Happy Friday everyone!!  I hope your week has been a good one.  I know that for my sister it has been rough so I am sending wishes for a great weekend and a better week next week her way.  We all have those weeks and I guess it was just her turn.  I enjoyed many things about this week.  I got to go to lunch with one of my favorite aunts and had a wonderful time, and I got to be creative.  Thanks for all the special requests this week.  It was a great inspiration and got my mind back on track.

Today I want to share with you a thank you card I made for a dear friend to send to the host of a dinner party she had the pleasure of attending this week.  The only requirements she had for the card was to be sure it said thank you and she wanted 2 specific colors:  gold and black.  I had recently purchased a new stamp set from Stampin' Up! and it seemed like it would work perfectly with this card.


Fancy don't you think?  I started with a base card of Brushed Gold card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Basic Black card stock cut to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I sprayed this piece with my champagne shimmer spray and then attached it to the gold using runner adhesive.  


The focal point of the card is this beautiful medallion made using the new stamp set Daydream Medallions and a framelit set called Floral Frames.  The medallion set consists of 5 sizes of medallions.  I only used 4 in my design here.  I started by stamping  2 of the medallions on the gold using Versa Mark ink and sprinkled  black embossing powder on them.  I then heat embossed these and set the gold card stock aside.  Next I took a piece of black card stock and stamped the 2 other medallions on it using the Versa Mark ink.  This time I used a gold ice embossing powder on it and heat embossed them.  I then pulled out my big shot and the floral frame framelits.  I found the correct size to fit around each medallion and ran these through the big shot to cut them out.  Once they were all cut out, I layered them on top of one another using runner adhesive and added a gold brad to the center of the stack.  It is attached to the card using runner adhesive.  I love love love this medallion!!!!


For my greeting, I turned to the stamp set called Perfectly Penned.  I stamped the greeting directly onto the black card stock using Versa Mark ink and used the gold ice embossing powder to heat emboss it.  Since it would be shiny, I did not feel it needed more to enhance the look of it so I left it alone once it was embossed.  


For my inside greeting, I used a simple saying from the retired stamp set Whimsical Words.  I stamped the greeting with Versa Mark ink on gold card stock and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  I then used the same floral frame framelits and found one that would fit around the saying.  Once I chose it, I also took out the size above it.  I found the coordinating medallion stamps for these.  I stamped around the saying with the stamp using the Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with black also.  Then I stamped the other medallion onto black card stock and heat embossed it with gold ice embossing powder.  Once these were embossed I cut them out with the big shot and floral frames.  I layered them on top of one another using runner adhesive and attached it to the card using the same adhesive.

I had never made a black and gold design before and I was truly pleased with how it came out.  I liked the overall elegance it seemed to have once completed.  I hope you like it too.

Well, that is it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.  I will return on Monday with another card to share with you.  Please come back to visit me then.  Thanks for dropping by today!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment