CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunflowers Everywhere

Hello everyone.  As promised I wanted to share the birthday card I made for my daughter with you today.  Her favorite flower is the sunflower so when I found some really cool felt sunflowers, I knew I had to use them for her.  Her card came together fairly easily.  Let's get started.


For this card I once again made a square card measuring 5 1/4" x 10 1/2", scored at 5 1/4".  I used Daffodil Delight for this.  I added a layer of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I ran this through my big shot using a texture plate of large dots.  I brushed the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink and attached it to the base with runner adhesive.  I added white glitter balls to the corners and some Dazzling Details glitter glue to the layer.  Then it was time to add my sunflowers.


As I said, I found a pack of 4 sunflowers at my local craft store.  I thought they were so pretty I wanted to use them for my daughters card.  I attached the flowers using a liquid glue and allowed them plenty of time to dry.  I wanted to add a little sparkle to the centers so I used a brown glitter glue and added dots.  While this was drying I went to work on the inside panel.


I started the inside panel for this with a piece of Whisper White cut at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I pulled out a retired stamp set called Touch of Nature.  This set contained the sunflower stamp and I stamped 3 across the bottom of the panel using Chocolate Chip ink.  Using my colored pencils, I colored the stems and flowers in and added some grass.  I used a total of 3 colors to color the petals of the flowers.  I wanted to be sure they resembled the flowers on the front.  Next I used Daffodil Delight ink and my Curly Cute stamp set and stamped the Happy Birthday across the top.  For the main saying, I turned to another retired stamp set called Occasional Quotes and stamped the greeting using Pumpkin Pie ink.  I then added daffodil and pumpkin cupcakes using a stamp from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set.  

While I did not take a photo of the envelope, I chalked the front of it blue for a sky and added the same sunflower stamp and grass across the bottom.  I cut letters out for her name and placed them in the sky.  It went nicely with the card and she really seemed to love it.

Well, I am off to my laundry today with a little creating in between.  I will return tomorrow with another share for you.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.  See you later and keep stamping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment