The card I have to show you today is another technique I have been playing with lately. I really wish I could remember the name of the demonstrator I saw do this technique but it is escaping my mind right now. Anyway, let me show you the card and we will go from there.
I wanted to create a spooky type background and decided this would be a cool way to do it. I started with a base card of Elegant Eggplant cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" I added a layer of Basic Black to this measuring 4" x 5 1/4" using runner adhesive. I set this aside until I had the top layer made and ready to be attached.
The top layer of my card is actually a piece of glossy white card stock. I used a piece of photo paper cut at 3 3/4" x 5" for mine. Let me show you another part of the card and we will go over the technique I did when we get to the cat.
To make the bat, I used the retired bat punch and punched it out of Basic Black. I added black glitter to it to make it sparkle. It is attached to the card using runner adhesive after is was all colored.
Okay now for the coloring of the card front. I started by stamping this cute kitty from Stampin' Up! called Frightening Feline. I stamped it using a StazOn ink that is purple directly onto the photo paper. Allow this to dry completely before continuing to prevent smearing. I then took a post it note and punched a 2 1/2" circle out of it making sure I got as much of the sticky part as possible. I then placed the circle over the cat to make the moon. Then I took out my sponges and my Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant inks to make the background. Start with the lightest color, Daffodil, and work from the circle out with your sponge to add the color. Next go to the Wisteria only this time work from the outside perimeter of the card and pull the color in to meet the Daffodil. Blend the edges of these colors together. Finally, take the Eggplant and again work from the outside in just not as far in. Blend the Eggplant and Wisteria together. You will want to allow this to sit for a little while and dry before adding it to the card. Peel off the post it note to reveal your moon. You can add a little ink to this too if you want but I liked the look of it as it is. I used runner adhesive to attach this to the card after the fence and grass were made and attached to it.
For the final part of the card, I wanted to add a fence. To make this, I used the XL Bigz Rosette die and my big shot. This is the die you use to make those cool flowers but this time it made me a fence. I used a 2" x 11" strip and the side with the pointy tops and cut it out with the big shot. I then cut the piece in half and saved one half to use on another card. I slightly folded the crease line, not all the way since they will need to lay flat, but just enough so I could add some ink to the crease lines and top so the pieces look more realistic. I used Soft Suede card stock for this piece and Soft Suede ink and my sponge to highlight the slats. I attached this to the cards top layer before the layer was attached to the card using runner adhesive and trimmed off any excess that hung over the sides For the grass, I used the bird builder punch and punched out several of the branches using Garden Green card stock. I cut the tops off and added them to the fence using a glue pen.
I like the look of the sponged on background on this. I am so glad I tried this and hope to try it again on another card. Please stop by tomorrow and see what I have to share with you. If my world keeps spinning it could be quite interesting. We will just have to see what happens. Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all tomorrow!!