CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What's Up Frankie?

One of my husband's favorite things about Halloween is that he gets to watch all those old horror films like Dracula and Frankenstein.  Now I am not much of a scary movie person.  In fact, I will not watch any of the movies like Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street.  They go against my morals with all the gore and blood.  As a rule I do not watch rated "R" movies at all.  My kids think I am so not cool and a lot of people do not understand but hey I am just me and am not going to change.  I will watch the oldies with my husband though and for some reason the first on we usually watch together is Frankenstein.  Which leads to my share for today.  It is not a card but a little treat box.


This guy does not scare me at all.  In fact I think he is rather cute.  Now I will tell you the color I used for him is a retired color called Green Galore.  It was one of my all time favorites so I still have some.  I started by using the Bag w/Scallops die for the big shot and cutting out the bag.  I then cut off the scallop ends.  I assembled the box and set it aside for later.  Then using the top note die, I cut out 2 top notes in Green Galore and 2 in Elegant Eggplant.  A good substitute for the Green Galore would be Lucky Limeade or Pear Pizzazz.   I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to make the eyes and the Rounded Tab punch for the nose.  Edge all pieces with matching ink color.  The nose is adhered with one dimensional while the eyes are adhere.  The eyeballs are 3/4" circles.  Add white gel pen to the eyeballs to give him character.  Draw on scars, mouth, and eyelid stitches with a fine tip black marker.  His bolts are a modern label punch in brushed silver.   For the hair, I  free hand cut the zig zag pattern.  Once the face is assembled, you attach it to the front of the box you set aside with sticky strip.  Now for the second top note in green and eggplant.


Here I free handed the hair again, attached it to the green top note which is edged with matching ink, and drew on a scar.  Then attach it to the back of the box using sticky strip.  By the way, I attached the hair to the front and back using my runner adhesive.  Now you are ready to fill your little box with treats for the specials ones in your life.  I love doing these for my girls and their guys even though they are grown up.  After all, they are still kids to me.
Well, I am off to glitter again.  I am having so much fun with my glitter.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will be back tomorrow with another share.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment