CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas Flowers

My husband and I always enjoy seeing all the beautiful poinsettia plants around the holidays.  Last year, we actually bought one and have had it ever since.  While the flowers eventually faded and died, the greenery of it has not. It is still as green as it was.  Does anyone know when or if it will bloom again?  I know my husband will be very disappointed if it does not bloom this year.  I too am looking forward to it.  Oh well, we will have to wait and see. 

Just in case it does not bloom, I wanted to make one using punches.  Thanks to Dee Slater, a fellow demonstrator, I was able to learn how to make a really nice one.  Thanks for sharing that video Dee.  It is so easy you will love it.


What do you think?  This was a simple card to put together.  I started with a Wild Wasabi base card.  I took a piece of Whisper White and stamped little presents on it using VersaMark.  I know they are hard to see but they are there.  I heat embossed them using clear embossing powder.  I wish I could tell you the name of this stamp set that I got the present from but I honestly do not remember it.  I bought this set from SU! years ago before I was a demonstrator.  It has stamps for all different holidays.  The white was then spritzed with Frosted White mist (2oz. of alcohol with Frosted White shimmer paint).  I used  Wild Wasabi as the color of the leaves.  I cut out one that I like from the Leaves #2 die for the big shot.  I sponged the edges of them with matching ink and adhered them under the flower.  

For the flower, use Real Red card stock.  I used a 1 1/4" circle punch for the base of the flower to attach the petals to and the blossom builder punch for the petals.  Start by putting TomBow liquid glue on the circle.  You will need 14 petals to make this.  Lay 7 of the petals on the circle leaving a space between each petal.  Then take the other 7 petals and layer them on top of the first layer where the gaps are.  Once it is assembled, set it aside to dry completely.  Then place the flower in the Snow Burst impression folder and run it through the big shot.  This gives your flower a beautiful texture.  I then placed a 1/2" circle in Daffodil Delight in the center and adhered it using the same glue. Take a pencil and curl the top layer of petals, all 7, to add dimension.  Place your flower in a protected area and pray it with a Champagne Mist spray (this is 2 oz. of alcohol with drops of the Champagne shimmer paint in it; shaken well).  This gives it some shine. Attach the flower to the card using a dimensional.  Add some gold glitter in the center just for dazzle effect. 



 Here is a side view of the flower so that you can see the shimmer on it.   Sparkly!!!!


I used a stamp from the Perfect Punches stamp set for the greeting on this card.  I stamped it using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Red Tinsel embossing powder (not from SU!).  I then punched it out with the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch.   Attach using dimensionals.  Again not a hard card to make at all.

Let me know what you think of this card.  I value your opinion.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment