CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Paper Dolls

Paper dolls were one of my favorite things to play with when I was little.  I will even admit that I still have a paper doll book of I Love Lucy.  Of course I have not cut any of them out and I do not play with them.  It is tempting though.  Anyway, when I got my Cricut machine, one of the first cartridges that I bought was Paper Doll Dress Up.  I had a blast making all kinds of little dolls and dressing them in outfit.  Well then Cricut came out with another cartridge called Everyday Paper Dolls.  Yes I bought that one too.  Now I will say that I do wait for them to go on sale so don't think I throw money around.  There is no money to throw.  Back to the dolls.  The newest cartridge is dedicated to all types of careers and sports that people do everyday (hence the title of it).  So when my aunt called me the other day and told me she needed a card for a special young lady in her life I was excited to make it.  It got even more thrilling for me when she said she wanted a basketball theme for it.  I was in paper doll heaven.  I couldn't wait to get my machine on, the cartridge loaded, and the pieces cut out.

All the card stock used for this is from Stampin' Up!.  I still say they have the best card stock.  The base card is Daffodil Delight.  The only layer on the front is Whisper White.  I designed the background by using pastels to make the basketball court floor and wall.  Let's start with the accessories on the card front.


Here is the hoop.  It is made by first cutting it in Brushed Silver, and then in Whisper White.  I cut the pole off the white one and layered the backboard onto the silver one.  The net was cut next out of Poppy Parade.  Then I made 2 small basketballs that would be just right to fit through the net.  Tangerine Tango was my color choice for these.  I outlined the black seams with a fine tip pen.

Here is my wonderful basketball player wearing her school colors.  I chose her number on the jersey for how old she was turning.  The jersey is Garden Green and her shorts are Daffodil Delight.  I made the hair using More Mustart and the body is from Blushing Bride.  Her eyes are Tempting Turquoise.  Now I used my handy dandy owl builder punch to make her eyes and nose.  It is the smallest circle on the punch.  While the Cricut does mark the eyes and nose, I have found they are too small for my taste so I go bigger.  These basketballs are larger than the others giving the impression the hoop and balls are off in the distance.  These were outlined with black glitter.  I used the new Dazzling Details glitter glue from Stampin' Up! to highlight her shoes and numbers.


A scoreboard completes my look for this one.  I chose numbers at random and freehand wrote the Home and Visitor signs.  All in all, I was pleased with how this one turned out.  Then I started looking for what to stamp inside as my greeting.  For some reason I was not having much luck.  But eventually I figured it out.

I chose a stamp from the set A Word for You.  It actually says "Happy Birthday with a cherry on top" but I changed it to fit the theme.  I cut out with the Cricut a basketball to fit over the word "cherry" so that it is now a "basketball on top".  I stamped it in Garden Green ink, punched it out with the decorative label punch, and highlighted the edges with the ink.  Then I grabbed my cupcake builder punch and the Create A Cupcake stamp set.  I stamped the wrapper using a retired silver ink and the frosting using Chocolate Chip ink.  I then punched them out and adhered them to the inside of the card.  I went back to the Cricut with the Tangerine card stock and cut 3 more basketballs in varying small sized.  These decorate my frosting and  I made sure one of them would go on top of the cake.

Hard to believe we are at the end of another week.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me.  Hopefully it will be a fun one.  I wish all of you a nice weekend and I will see you on Monday!!  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment