CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Complicated Is Not Necessarily Better

Today I thought I would return to a simple card design.  Sometimes it is just nice to do something that looks pretty when finished but is not so hard to complete.  I don't know about you but I don't always have a lot of time to sit down to work on a card so I turn to some of the simple ones so that I can complete my task easily.  I hope you can find some inspiration from this one.


Isn't it pretty?!!!!  Now I know I poppies are red but I decided to make them blue.  It's a nice and easy card to make that requires few supplies.  So let me share with you what I used to make this one.

I started with a base card of Gumball Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Midnight Muse and attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  For the final top layer, I took a piece of Whisper White and cut it at 4" x 5 1/4".  Using the Pleasant Poppies stamp, I stamped the image onto the white using Midnight Muse ink.  I then pulled out my favorite colored pencils and colored in the stems and flowers.  Once they were colored, I attached the white piece to the base card with the runner adhesive.


I wanted to add a little something more to my card and chose to add butterflies.  I used the Beautiful Wings embosslit and my big shot.  I cut butterflies out using all of the 2012-2014 in colors:  Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, and Summer Starfruit.  I used only the ones with the polka dots on them.  They are attached to the card using glue dots.  I then add rhinestones to form their bodies and added one to each wing also.  To the flowers whose centers showed, I added a yellow rhinestone.

I did not put a greeting on this one yet.  I will when I decide who is receiving it and for what occasion.  I do hope the ease of making this card came through to you.  I know there are lots of samples that are intricate and take lots of time.  Trust me I do some of those too.  They are beautiful but the more simple ones are beautiful too.  

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday.  I plan on spending some much needed time with my husband.  He has been working a lot lately and I have been missing him.  I will be back with a new share for you though so be sure to stop by to see me tomorrow.  Thanks for visiting today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment