CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring is Almost Here




Flowers and butterflies always remind me of springtime. As we are almost half way through March (can you believe it!) the official first day of spring is just in a few days. Here in Arizona, it has felt like spring for the last few weeks. We are never at a loss for sunshine and warm weather. Our temperatures have been in the mid to upper 80's and yes I saw a 90 in this weeks forecast. Not so excited about that. It seems the earlier we see these types of temperatures, the hotter the summer ends up being. Oh well lets get to something fun now.

This is one of my absolute favorite types of cards because 1) it is very versatile as to what occasion it can be used for and 2) I get to use my Big Shot machine to create most of the embellishments. The first die I used for this card was the Flower, Daisies #2. When this die first came out in the Stampin' Up! catalog it was on back order a lot. People just loved the look of the flower. The die cuts out a small, medium, and large flower and the center of each flower is also cut out. I know it may be hard to see but this was made using 2 of each size of flower. I cut all of them out of whisper white and sponged one set with a yellow ink to give it color (the yellow I used is retired now so I would recommend Daffodil Delight). The flowers are then layered together with the petals for each size being offset. This allows you to see the yellow and white. I used Tombo glue to adhere them together. For the center of my flower, I used the center from one of the large daisies, sponged with yellow for center.  Of course you can add glitter to the petals or the center for a little glitzy look.  The butterflies are also from an embosslit die called Beautiful Wings.  They are cut out and embossed in one simple step by the Big Shot.  I added glitter to them just to jazz them up.  The background on the bottom half of the card was another type of Big Shot tool called an embossing folder.  The name of this one is Finial Press.  I love these folders.  It is an easy way to add dimension to a card as well as a touch of elegance.

So what do you think of it?  You can use any color combination you want to create this card.  Let me know if you try it how it turns out.  Thanks for stopping by today!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment