CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Lattice Rose

I was on my demonstrator website the other day and found a video from Beth Crocker on the lattice die for the big shot.  I love the elegance of this die so I decided to watch the video.  Boy am I glad I did.  She showed a whole new way to use it.  I believe she called it a lattice rose.  Of course I had to try it.


Isn't it pretty?  I absolutely know I will use this on cards for a while.  I also love the fact that the "trash" that you have left over from the die can be used to add decoration to it.  I cut 2 Melon Mambo lattice and 1 shimmer white.  I saved the shimmer white lattice to use on another card but used the "trash" to fill in some spots and add decoration.  Here is a close up of the flower:


The trick to making this is to offset the 2 lattice pieces.  It will actually look like a star burst and could be used that way.  Instead I chose to trim off the pieces that were hanging over the edge.  I put a small amount of adhesive to hold them together and then once they were layered I used a decorative brad to secure them.  This picture did a nice job of showing the shimmer paper.  I bet though that you can see shimmer everywhere if you look close.  I mixed 5-6 drop of the frosted white shimmer paint with about 2 oz. of alcohol in a mini spray bottle.  Then I used the Color Catcher from Stampin' Up to stand the card in and spritzed the front.  It is a nice way to get the shine without the mess of glitter.

I hope you liked this card.  It is a simple one to do and can be used for any occasion.  Thanks for dropping by to take a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment