CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let's Take A Craft Side Trip

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday.  I hope your week is going well.  No one likes a bad week.

Today I am going to veer off the card course and share another hobby of mine with you.  When I was young I use to watch my sister knit.  Now I tried to learn myself but could never quite get the hang of it.  For years, I wanted to give it another go but just did not want to fail.  Well I was reading a mystery book set around a crochet club.  I started thinking that maybe I could do that.  It sounded like fun and I really wanted to give it a try.  So off to the craft store I went.  I bought a set of crochet hooks and a skein of yarn.  I found videos on YouTube ( what did we ever do before this ) and started watching and learning.  Lo and behold, I found that I was somewhat successful with it.  I could not believe I was able to do it.  I guess some of us are meant to knit and some to crochet.  I thought I would share some of my first tries with you today.  Either you will see just what a beginner I am or you will be impressed like me that the projects actually resemble something.  Ready or not here come the projects.


Here are 2 items I made.  The one on the left is a Granny Square.  According to many articles I read, this is one of the most sought after patterns to learn.  I enjoyed giving it a try and found it fairly easy once I got started.  On the right, is a circle.  Now I must admit, I love circles.  I had so much fun making this one.  Both of these could be used as hot pads.  You could also make them a little smaller and use them as coasters.  



Once I learned the Granny Square, I decided to make a hot pad for my kitchen using the color scheme I have - red, white and black.  I also made another one like this using the colors green, white and black.  That one was given to my daughter for her kitchen. 


This was my first big project.  It is a baby blanket.  I used a super soft yarn and learned to make this one from a video.  I was very proud of myself for completing this one.  Now the instructor said this one would take about 4 hours to complete.  It took me a bit longer than that ( like days ) but I did finish it.  Up until here, I was only doing things learned on the internet.  I decided I had better learn how to do a few things using instructions from an actual project.  Boy did I have a lot to learn.



I started with flowers.  Now I know the one on the right looks more like a starfish than a flower but that's just how it turned out.  As I was making these, I decided I would sew a button onto the center of each flower to complete the look.  Then it hit me!  These could possibly go on a card.  Why not?  They might be cute on a card.  So my next task will be to make a card and incorporate one of these flowers onto it.  Hopefully it will work and will look nice.  You will have to let me know.  So I guess I will start planning for that card now.  

Thanks for allowing me to veer off the card course for today.  I hope you were not too bored with my crochet projects.   Once I get a card made using one or both flowers, I do hope you will let me know what you think about using these on cards.  I would love to hear your comments.  

Thanks for dropping by today.  I will see you all tomorrow.  Have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment