CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How About A Day At The Beach?!!

Hi everybody!!!  It's another hot and sunny day here in Arizona.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am that we bought our small inflatable pool to lounge in.  It really does help you deal with the heat better.  I don't know why but the older I get the less I enjoy the extreme heat.  I guess it is just another thing about getting older.

Just the other day I was thinking about how much fun it is to go to the beach.  Now personally, I am not a huge person on swimming in the ocean but I enjoy the waves, the breeze and the smell of salt water.  I guess thinking of all that is the inspiration I used for today's card.  So let us just get started.


Do those owls rock those bikinis or what?!!!  I started with a base card of Tangerine Tango cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added only one layer to this card.  It is a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4". 

 To design my background, I turned to one of my favorite mediums - chalk.  I don't know why it appeals to me so much but it does.  I have several sets of chalks to use as well as stencils that were designed to work with the chalk also.  That is where all the textures come from on my background.  I made a blue sky full of puffy clouds using one stencil.  I then pulled out another one and made the ocean waves (you cannot really see them - sorry).  I used a simple circle for the sun and a sandcastle stencil for the castle.  The sand I just did by hand.   


The greeting I used for this card is from a retired set called Sunny Fun (I think that's the name).  I stamped it using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White.  I cut it out using the bitty banners framelits and my big shot.  I edged the banner with a sponge and Pacific Point ink.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.


This is bathing beauty owl number one.  She has lovely Wild Wasabi eyes.  Her body is from Soft Suede.  I am sure you can see the Basic Black and white used in the eyes.  Her swim suit is from some designer series paper I had left over.  


Here is bathing beauty owl number two.  She has Soft Sky eyes.  Her body is from Chocolate Chip card stock.  Again, I also used black and white and her bikini is from left over dsp.

All pieces of the owls are from the owl builder punch.  That's all you need.  The pieces are put together using a 2 way glue pen and the finished owls are attached to the card with dimensionals.

Tomorrow marks the middle of the week already.  I can't believe it.  I am so glad you chose to stop by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you so please visit again.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment