CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Big Shot Toys

Happy Tuesday everyone.  I hope you week is off to a good start.  It is one of those weeks where my hubby has to work a lot so I am missing spending time with him.  I guess I will just have to craft more to fill the void.

I ordered a new set of dies for the big shot last week from Stampin' Up!.  I had looked at these in the Spring catalog for  a couple of months and just could not decide if I wanted to order them or not.  Then I happened to come across a how to video about these dies and watched it.  It showed me how to use these as they are and how to use them for other types of projects.  I was so excited about the products, I could not wait to order them.  Today's card is a sample of using the dies as they are designed to use without really changing anything.  Ready to see  it?


Here you can see the front of the card.  I used a base card of Primrose Petals card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Prior to folding it on the score line, I ran it through the big shot using the new Card Base Pop n' Cuts die.  This die is unique in that it has an open area where you can insert another die to create something special.  I will show that in a minute.  It also cuts the rounded design on the edge of on end and the slits on the edge of the other.  This allows you to tuck in the flaps which holds the card closed.  I added a layer to the front in Whisper White.  I cut this to be 4" x 4 1/2".  I ran it through the big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder and attached it with runner adhesive.  I then added a layer of Baja Breeze to this measuring 3 5/8" x 4 1/8".  This piece was put through the big shot using the Cloudy Day impression folder.  I colored in the clouds using a white colored pencil.  It was then attached to the base card with runner adhesive.


For the center piece of the front, I used a couple of stamp sets from Stampin' Up!.  The first is the Four Seasons which is a hostess set.  I stamped the large floral image onto a piece of Whisper White using So Saffron ink and punched it out using the 2 3/8" scallop circle.  I then used the set called A Fitting Occasion and stamped the circle saying in Baja Breeze.  I then stamped the scissor image from the same set in the center of the circle of words using Primrose Petal ink.  I then punched this out with the 1" circle punch.  I attached it to the center of the floral image with runner adhesive.  The finished design is attached to the card with dimensionals.


I wanted to show you a close up of the edge.  This photo allows you to see the curve in the edge that is created by the die as well as the slits that the corners slide into for closure.  


My inside greeting is a simple one.  I stamped this saying from the stamp set called Perfect Punches onto Whisper White card stock using the Primrose ink and punched it out using the wide oval punch.  It is attached to the inside using runner adhesive.


Here is what makes this die so fabulous - it can be used to make a pop up card.  I took a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock and set it aside to run through my big shot.  I then grabbed the Pop n' Cuts die and placed the Dress Form die inside the opening.  I placed the white sheet on top and ran it through the big shot.  It cut out the pop up dress form for me to use.  I took a butterfly stamp from the Four Seasons stamp set and stamped it randomly on this piece using the Saffron, Baja and Primrose ink.  I folded the score lines to make the dress for stand up.  I took a piece of retired designer series paper and cut it at 4" x 6".  I attached this to the back of my white pop up so the color would show through the openings in the white.  It is attached using runner adhesive.  I then trimmed the top of the white piece to fit like I wanted it to fit, added the runner adhesive to the back and attached it to the base card.  

The really neat thing about this set is there is a coordinating set of framelits and a stamp set to use with this.  So I took a piece of Basic Gray and using the framelits, I cut out a dress stand.  I attached it to the white piece using my 2 way glue pen.  Next I used the All Dressed Up stamp set and stamped my dress in So Saffron ink onto Whisper White.  I used the matching dress framelit and cut out the dress.  I added pearls to the buttons and a little yellow glitter to the top and belt of the dress.  It is adhered to the form with runner adhesive.  A couple of blue rhinestones added to the table finished it off.


Here is the side view of this card so you can see the pop up clearly.


Finally here is the card opened up completely.  If you have made pop up cards before, you will appreciate the slits that hold the card closed.

I do want to show you a step by step tutorial on this card.  I think it may be a lot of steps and I will probably split it into 2 days.  On day one, we will make the basic card and pop up insert.  Day 2 will focus on decorating your dress form.  I have an idea for a dress to go inside for a special occasion so maybe I will try it with you.  

I am so glad you stopped by today to visit.  I hope you come back tomorrow and see me again.  I am not sure I will have the tutorial by then but we will see what happens.  Thanks for dropping in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment