CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mounting Stamps

Hi everybody.  It's Thursday here in Arizona.  We have been experiencing temperatures in the upper 70's to low 80's.  However, we have heard from the weather people that we are due to drop to the low 60's tomorrow with a possibility of snow in the lower elevations and hail in the valley.  What a weird winter this has been.  We do not usually experience this much of a drastic change in weather in a period of 3 months.  At least it is interesting.

Today our dear Uncle Charlie is going in for surgery on his foot.  He hurt it a while ago and the doctors all thought it was just a sprain.  Turns out he has been walking around on a broken foot for months.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him and our aunt today.  Recovery will take one year so this is the beginning of a long road for him.

I do not have a card to share today.  What have I been up to you might ask?  Well, remember a few months ago when a friend sent me lots of stamp sets she was clearing out of her home?  Some of them were not mounted onto the wooden blocks and had never been used.  I finally made myself sit down yesterday and mounted them all.  These sets are from several years ago.  Unlike today's set, you had to mount these by first trimming the excess rubber around the image off and then mounting the image onto the wooden block.  It took me most of the day.  When I finished, I had a new box from Stampin' Up! to open and empty of (you guessed it) stamps!

I thought I would share the sets I bought with you here today so let me show them to you.


I like to order the clear stamp set that you use the acrylic blocks to stamp with them.  They cost a little less that the wood and store really nicely.  These two sets are from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  Remember for each $50 you spend in an order, you get a free set from this catalog.  These are only available until March 22 so be sure to get your orders in soon and take advantage of this opportunity.


These sets are from the regular catalog and idea book.  They are a couple of sets I have had on my wish list and I decided to finally get them.  The set on the right comes in 2 cases which is why there is a rubber band around it.  


Here are the final 3 I bought.  The wood mounted "Easter Blessings" stamp is from the spring catalog.  It is available only as a wood mounted stamp (you mount it when it comes).  The other 2 stamps are part of a promotion of single stamps only.  They are to be used with the clear blocks.  You can find information for these on my Stampin' Up! page.  They are available through March 31st.  The bottom one is a trio of cute bunnies for Easter time.  I will use these very soon.  The upper set is a Mr/Mrs towel which will be cute for newlyweds or bridal showers.   They come in an individual cellophane pack.  You can order an extra clear storage container from the regular catalog to store these in if you like.   The cases come in a set of 4 and are only $5.95.  

One tip I will give you about the clear mount stamps is I do not put the stickers on them.  I did when I first started using these but found they did not always cling well to the clear blocks.  Now I just leave the stickers off them and they cling really well.  I have not had any problems with them at all.  

I hope to have a card to share tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment