CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Easy Thanksgiving Card

Well here we are into the 3rd day of September.  Fall is coming and I for one and ready for the temperatures to go down a bit here in Phoenix.  The summer was actually pretty mild compared to some we have had but it still had its moments.

I started this past weekend with high hopes of getting a lot done.  Well in a way I did as I was cleaning some and doing laundry.  However, the weekend went downhill on Sunday.  I was so looking forward to attending the birthday party for Jackson but it was not to be.  I woke up that morning with a sore throat, congestion and a low grade fever.  Well there was no way I was going to expose everyone to my cold so I cancelled.  I do hope he had a wonderful time.  I will get to give him his present tomorrow so I still get to celebrate with him. 

I did manage to get into my craft room to make a relatively simple Thanksgiving card.  I kept it simple this time.  I have lots of ideas running around in my head but need to decided which to do first!!  So here we go with a turkey-day card.


The base card is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Old Olive card stock scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Cajun Craze to this.  It was cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The final layer on top started as a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White.


Prior to attaching the piece of Cajun Craze, I stamped some leaves along the top and bottom of the card stock.  The stamp comes from the retired set A Season of Friendship.  They are stamped on using VersaMark ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Before I go any farther I wanted to tell you that after the tree and leaves were stamped on the card I used the retired eyelet border punch to punch along the top and bottom edges of the white.  You can see it here in the photo.  I added a pearl to the top dot in each scallop.


The greeting on the front comes from another retired stamp set called Full of Blessings.  I stamped it using Cajun Craze ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out using the small oval punch and inked the edges using a sponge and Cajun Craze ink.  It is attached to a piece of Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired) using a dimensional.  I attached the ribbon to the card with runner adhesive.  Again you can see the eyelet border and the pearls along the bottom edge.   


The main image on the front is the tree.  The trunk and leaves stamps are from the retired Season of Friendship stamp set.  I started by stamping the tree trunk using Early Espresso ink onto the Whisper White cards stock.  I wanted to give my leaves fall colors so instead of using ink pads to stamp them, I used my Stampin' Up! markers.  I used the brush tip end and colored each petal on the stamp on of three colors:  Old Olive, Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me place the leaves exactly where I wanted them.  I like the look of the tree.  I feel it represents fall and harvest time.

Well that's it for today.  I will be back again with another card to share with you soon.  Tomorrow is my day to keep Jackson and it is also my birthday so no promises to post tomorrow or Thursday.  I will see what plans my family have for me.  I do hope to have some crafting time again soon so check back each day to see if I have been creative!!  See you all later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment