CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Here Comes The Bride

Happy last Friday of September everyone.  I do hope your fall is cooling off and full of lots of fun plans.  I know as we move into October that our life gets very busy.  We have pumpkins to carve and turkeys to cook.  I have to say these last 3 months of the year are my favorite time. 

One of the projects that took up some of my craft time in September was making bridal shower cards for my daughter's friend who is getting married in October.  Since the shower is now over, I thought I would share these with you.  Let's get started.


I started with a base card of Old Olive card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Night of Navy to this with runner adhesive.  The navy was cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The final layer is a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot with an impression folder that made the trio of dots.  I attached this to the card with the runner adhesive.


The hat for the bride was made using a 1 1/4" circle and a wide oval both punched out of Whisper White.  They were run through the big shot using the square lattice impression folder.  I attached the circle to the oval with a bit of runner adhesive.  I then punched a 1 1/4" circle from Night of Navy.  I set this aside to be used later.  I then punched the 1 1/4" circle again just offset from the hole.  This piece is the hat band.  It is attached using a 2 way glue pen.  I then took a piece of Old Olive card stock and punched out a large oval.  I offset the punch from the hole and punched again.  This makes the ribbon for the bow.  The actual bow itself was made using the retired heart to heart punch.  It is the smallest heart from this punch.  I added a 1/4" circle to the center of the bow and placed a pearl on it.  All bow pieces are attached using a 2 way glue pen.  The hair is a scallop oval punched from Chocolate Chip card stock.  It is attached to the hat using a bit of runner adhesive.   I always try to use a color to match the actual bride's hair if I can.


The bride's back is the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch.  It is punched out of Blushing Bride.  To make the arms of the bride, just off set the wide heart punch from the wide heart hole and punch again.  Do this one more time so you have 2 arms.  The dress is make using the Whisper White card stock and the retired butterfly punch.  I ran all the pieces for the dress through my big shot using an impression folder I have.  The main part of the dress remains a whole butterfly.  Turn it sideways and adhere the heart back to the top portion using runner adhesive.  Take your other butterfly pieces and cut them in half.  You will layer these making each row a little bigger than the one before to get that full dress look.  The arms were attached using the 2 way glue pen.  The finished bride was attached to the card using dimensionals.  


Remember the 1 1/4" navy circles I set aside before?  Well now it is time to use them.  That is what I build my bouquet on.  The flowers for this are from a retired punch that punched a trio of flowers.  You can use the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack as well to make these.  I start by covering the 1 1/4" circle with runner adhesive and layering flowers on it.  I added more adhesive on the flowers as needed.  The leaves are from the bird builder punch.  I cut them off the stem and placed them in the bouquet with my 2 way glue pen.  The final touch for it is a pearl in the middle.  The finished bouquet is attached using dimensionals.

I learned to make this from Ellen Kemper.  She referred to this girl as little miss backside.  I have used it for other girls and not just a bride.  It is really easy to make and goes together quickly.

Well that's it for today.  I will see you all next week.  Have a wonderful weekend - the last weekend in September.  Thanks for dropping by today.   


No comments:

Post a Comment